Joining online forums or groups around subjects that interest you such as gardening, art and music can provide welcome relief for carers and a chance to connect to others with shared interests and shared experience.
Most of these online sanctuaries have the benefit of never closing – you can join in at a time to suit you, and it reduces the complications of finding someone to provide cover. It is not a complete replacement for the need to get time away, but it could be a life raft for many.
We want to celebrate the untraditional mechanisms for respite, consciously taking time out for yourself as a Carer is so important for your
health and mental well being.
Somerset Community Connect are developing a number of Carer-focused facebook groups that should give you an enjoyable outlet and a few moments respite, making new friends and connecting with others online who understand your situation with empathy and kindness.
Carers together in Somerset
This group is about sharing your views and ideas about how Somerset ensures that unpaid carers maintain a good level of health and wellbeing.
Somerset Creative Carers Connect
We provide an opportunity for unpaid carers in Somerset to share their creativity and connect with like minded folk. We believe that creativity is a wonderful way to communicate thoughts and feelings, share ideas, connect with others and have some fun.
Somerset Musical Carers Connect
Time out up the garden path
- Sedgemoor Carers Group
- Carers of Spouses with Depression/Anxiety
- ADHD And Asd support group for parents And Carers uk
- Brain Injury Carers
- Support for Vascular, Alzheimer’s & Mixed Dementia
- Dementia Family Support
- Carers Accommodation Long & Short Term
- National Carers Facebook Group
- Learning Disability Carers Community Support Group
- Somerset Walk Group
- Somerset Levels Friends
- Support for Family, Carers and People Living with Mental Health Issues
- Children’s Disability Living Allowance days out Discounts