- Location Somerset Wide
- Info/Website Click to open
What is the Somerset Foundation Trust Carers Service? Supporting Carers of people with mental health conditions.
Somerset Foundation Trust, work to the triangle of care standards. They believe for someone to make a successful and sustained recovery the client, staff and carers must all work in together. The Carers’ assessment service is a team who specialise in supporting the Carers of people who have mental health conditions. They do this in a variety of ways starting with a carers assessment, followed up by to two more sessions if required, to advise and support you. Below are some of the things they can do;
– Signposting on how to access benefits and benefit support.
– Getting a break or holiday (alone or with the person you care for)
– Befriending services
– Accessing advocacy
– Support for physical health needs
– Education sessions
– Peer support via groups
– A listening ear in times of brief crisis
See the website for full details and contact information.