- Location Somerset Wide
- Venue The New Mill Pub, 102 Bridgwater Road, Bathpool, Taunton, TA2 8BE
- Start Date 1st Wednesday of the month, 8pm - 9pm
- Email email@example.com
Fighting the Impossible was founded in 2023 by Adam Brown and Tom Lewis, who, having recently supported their wives through breast cancer treatment, wanted to create a confidential and safe community for men to discuss their struggles, achievements and coping strategies while supporting a loved one through a cancer diagnosis.
They hold an informal get together on the first Wednesday of every month at The New Mill, Taunton. They want to give male caregivers the opportunity to share experiences and provide practical and emotional support to each other, as well as enjoy a chat over a drink.
– To support men caring for loved ones going through cancer
– To provide an outlet when times are tough
– To connect with others going through similar situations
– To provide a ‘safe space’ to talk
– To educate and inform
– To share coping strategies
– To facilitate new friendships
They believe that ‘together we are stronger’ and through talking about our situations and looking after our own wellbeing, we can better support our loved ones when they need it the most.