- Location Somerset Wide
- Venue Headway Somerset First Floor Victoria House Victoria Street Taunton TA1 3FA
- Info/Website Click to open
- Telephone 01823 618519
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Headway Somerset exists to support individuals with acquired brain injury (ABI) and their families.
Acquired brain injury (ABI) includes trauma such as a blow to the head from assault or accident, strokes, haemorrhage, aneurysms, tumour, meningitis/encephalitis and oxygen deprivation.)
in Somerset every year about 3000 people have a hospital admission due to ABI.
Every year an estimated one million people attend Accident & Emergency Departments in the UK following a head injury. It is estimated that around 500,000 people of working age are living with long term disabilities as a result of ABI.
Headway Somerset was founded 30 years ago by the parents of a young woman following her brain injury in an accident.
An acquired brain injury can happen to anyone and happen at any time. When it does Headway Somerset is here to help.
From hospital admission, through to discharge home and at every stage of your recovery Headway Somerset is with you to offer:
- Practical advice
- A listening ear and time to talk
- Specialist services to aid your recovery – including Rehabilitation Centres, Community Outreach as well as Family and Carer Support and Making Headway, our Volunteer Buddy project to help you link with your community and your interests.
- Bridgwater Centre
- Henton Centre
- Taunton Hub
- Yeovil Centre