Did you know you are able to get a carers assessment and support from Somerset Foundation Trusts Carers Service?
To be eligible you must be providing care to someone that is known to Somerset’s NHS mental health services (this may be the crisis team, community mental health services or the memory assessment service).
What to expect?
After we have received your referral a member of the team will make contact with you to offer a carers assessment, this is not an assessment of how well you are doing, we know you are doing a great job! The aim of the assessment is to look at how the caring role impacts your life, understand more about the areas you would like support and provide information and guidance on this.
Below are some of the other things we may be able to offer you:
- Signposting on how to access benefits and benefit support.
- Help getting a break, holiday or respite (alone or with the cared for person)
- Refer to befriending services
- Help with accessing advocacy services
- Education sessions
- Peer support via groups
- A listening ear in times of crisis and carer strain
- Young Carers Rucksacks
- Supporting to access other services which may be of help (eg Ot, ASC, Open mental health)
How can I self-refer or find out more?
Call: Caroline Mead (Carers Development Manager) – 07774 207458
or Samantha Pike (Deputy Manager) – 07810186741